I have a new project that I've undertaken - sort of a librarian's holiday in my case. I've been hired by some people to organize and catalog their home library. It's nothing earth-shattering, just all the books they've collected over the years. An eclectic collection to say the least. On the first two shelves I found Agatha Christie mysteries, french text books, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and a couple of poetry books. The best part of the project is the library. It's so awesome! I want one like that when I "grow up". It's a wrap-around balcony with shelves down both sides, and comfortable reading chairs and a window seat at one end. Here are some pictures, although they really don't do it justice.
This is Peach; her brother, Bear, wouldn't stand still for a picture. They're a golden retriever/poodle mix - although as you can see the 'golden' really doesn't come into it. They're called golden doodles. Fun huh?
And this is the poor, cluttered, mis-matched corner I call a library at my house. Sigh. Quite a drastic difference.
5 comments:
A posh library doesn't make the books any better to read. I bet your collection is far more interesting, even if it is in one corner on mismatched shelves. Those pics were cool, nonetheless...
Love ya!
I disagree. Appearance is everything, content is nothing. Look at me. I mean, poetry and French textbook? How sophisticated! Well, I need to go lift some weights. See ya.
ha ha...
Dennis, I love you!
goregous! im sighing right along with you in a desire for some kind of something better to put my books in ----
Post a Comment