Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving

Another blogging idea I had - sharing some of the pictures from the albums at Grandpa Weaver's house.

Since this next week is Thanksgiving, I thought these would be appropriate. Judging by Rachael's apparent age, they're from Thanksgiving in 1989. (Looks like we're at my parent's house in Laketown.)

John, casual as always, and Gary (my dad) - with a SPOON
(My dad always said, "I don't want a spoon, I want a SPOON".)


Dennis and Ben in the other room, Grandpa and Gary and (little) Marc standing, Michelle sitting.


Traci, Tom and Russ (with John's hands and legs behind them)
I remember making those place mats - Heather spearheaded the project, as always with anything artistic.


Josh's family - Josh, Janette, Traci, and Marc - with Grandma and Grandpa
Looks like Traci's had enough.


John's family - John, Michelle, and Rachael - with Grandma and Grandpa


My family - Gary, Edie, Heather, Debbie, Russ, Ben, Tom, Dennis
(children are listed oldest to youngest)

6 comments:

K. Lou said...

How festive! It's so fun to take a trip down memory lane! How did you transfer pics that old to your computer?

Debbie said...

Have scanner, will travel.

Actually, though, in this case I brought the photo album to my house. It had some other pictures in it that I'm going to use for the calendar.)

aubreyannie said...

i love this idea!! so fun to see the old pictures.

Amy said...

Boy, Russ really does play the angsty teen role well. But dang if he isn't cute doing it! :-D

It's so fun to see these pictures of you all before I knew you. Thanks for posting them.

Tamie said...

wow! what a flashback for all of us...i'm actually glad that we weren't there so that i don't have to relive myself in any of those pictures. :)
you needt o post from this year, since we missed! :(

Debbie said...

Good idea Tamie, I think I will. Oh wait, I just did :-)