Vacationing with Heather's family is usually very relaxing. We just hang out and watch movies and enjoy each other's company. So although it's very nice, there's not much to blog about. I will mention the fun game we played: Imagine If. You write the names of people you know around the outside edge of the game board, and roll to see which name you're 'imagine if'-ing about. The cards include such things as, "Imagine if _____ were a type of surgery; which would he/she be? A face-lift, a knee-replacement, a hip-replacement, a lobotomy, (and I can't remember the others.) Then each person chooses what they think most fits the name being imagined about. If your choice matches the majority, you move forward. It's especially fun if everybody knows all the people named really well.
Personal highlight today... I have a phone! When we went to the phone store the guy suggested that the old phone could probably be repaired... but it would take a few weeks. Sorry. Not going to wait for that. They had the same phone in stock (which I wasn't too worried about) and as a bonus, the store we were at includes a case and a car-charger whenever they sell a phone. I didn't want a case, so they gave me a set of headphones instead; I had been planning to eventually buy the car charger and the headphones anyhow. I also got a usb connector for it so it's easier to get the pictures off the phone.
This is a wall-hanging that Heather asked me to take a picture of when we went shopping - the first picture with my new phone.

I thought of Uncle David when I saw this in the store - a chaise lounge for pets. I can just see Emmy (Emmi?) on it.


Vacation day 5 - Tuesday - Still hanging out at Heather's
I spent most of today cleaning up my contacts list and adding ring-tones. I was a bit worried because I didn't think all my contacts were on the sim card, but luckily I had set it to automatically copy. This was nice except that I had multiple copies of several names. Also, when I was setting up the ring-tones and such I noticed that one of the songs I had saved on the memory card (which didn't get ruined in the old phone) was available to be a ring tone. I had tried using my own mp3 files as ring tones but none of them worked. Now with my usb cord I could see that the one that did work was less than 300 kb, and none of the others were. So I started experimenting, and it worked! Now I can totally personalize my ring-tones. I guess replacing my phone was almost worth it since I learned that. (Not really though.)
Vacation day 6 - Wednesday - Driving from Oh-Dark-Hundred to Midnight.
Wednesday morning at 4:30, my dad pointed his flashlight in my face and said, "Are you ready to go?" I had expected that, since I know my dad pretty well, so I was. Everything was packed and ready to take out, and I had slept in my clothes. We left Colorado Springs at 5:00 AM their time and drove and drove and drove and drove... and arrived at Dennis' (Glendale - near Milwaukee) at about 1:30 AM his time. (We did stop for lunch and to put gas in the truck a few times.)
I took this picture on the way out of Colorado Springs.

These neat statues were at a rest stop just before we got to Nebraska.


And this one while I was taking my turn to drive - somewhere in Iowa I think. This is pretty much what we did today.
1 comments:
I love being on the road trip with you! Glad you have a working phone--with pictures! Keep up the posts--they are awesome!
Post a Comment